For volunteer opportunities see our volunteer vacancies page.
- Bath Cruse Area Adminstratior (part time)
- Bereavement Care Journal Managing Editor (Richmond, Surrey or flexible)
- Bereavement Champion Project Manager (Birmingham/ Midlands Area)
- Bid writer (Richmond, Surrey)
- Marketing and Sales Executive (Richmond, Surrey)
Part time 16 hours per week
Salary £15,358 (pro rata)
Cruse Bereavement Care in Bath is looking for an Area Administrator. The purpose of the job is to:
- Ensure that the first contact with Cruse, for potential clients and members of the public, is a positive one and that responsibility is taken for the assessment of need.
- Ensure that Referrals, Allocations, and Requests for Information are processed in accordance with the Cruse Service Model and all Cruse Policies and Standards, in particular the Standard for Access, Referral and Allocation.
- Ensure that access to Cruse services is inclusive of people from the UK’s diverse communities.
Contact for further details: Sandra Elmer (Chair) 01373 466495 or 07500829122.
Please return completed applications by October 5th to email@example.com or
Cruse Bath & Wilts
2 Westfield Court
Bath BA3 4XD
Part time 14 hours per week with flexible working patterns and location considered
Salary: Pro rata £10,543 plus OLW £700 where applicable (FTE £26,357 + 1,750 OLW where applicable).
We are looking for an experienced editor to work on our journal Bereavement Care. The managing editor will work with the editorial board and the publishers Taylor and Francis on all aspects of the journal, including managing the peer review process for articles, sourcing content, editing and proofreading.
Bereavement Care is an international journal which aims to improve understanding of grief and bereavement and enhance the quality of care and support provided to bereaved people in all parts of the world. The journal publishes leading new research and theory alongside articles describing the best current practices and innovations in service delivery. It also includes personal experiences, case reports and arts features.
If you are organised, motivated and enthusiastic, and have experience of managing ongoing publications, ideally including academic content, we would like to hear from you.
Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date 10.00am on Friday 23rd September.
Interviews will take place during the w/c 3rd October.
Salary: £26,357 - £28,530 commencing on point 1 of the scale
Would you like to be part of a new and exciting project which is being delivered as a joint Big Lottery funded partnership between Cruse Bereavement Care and ExtraCare?
We are looking for a Bereavement Champion Project Manager to be based in the Birmingham/ Midlands Area on a 5 year contract.
The Bereavement Champion project will expand a successful service model of improving bereavement support for older people including those with dementia living in sheltered housing by:
- Raising awareness of how bereavement affects older people’s mental and physical health,
- Improving access to support for bereaved older people in sheltered and retirement accommodation
- Encouraging self-help and peer support in order to reduce loneliness and social isolation
- Contributing to safeguarding and promotion of long term mental and physical health.
Closing date 26/9/16. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com. Please call Andy Langford Director of Operations if you would like to discuss the post on 020 8939 9539
35 hours per week with flexible working patterns including job share available
Salary: £22,000 plus OLW £1750 and bonus
- Have you worked in marketing and sales and want to use those skills and experience to make a difference to the lives of bereaved children, young people and adults across the UK?
- Have you recently completed a qualification in marketing and sales that you want to utilise in a meaningful way?
- Would you like a job that will offer a sense of satisfaction, variety and new challenges?
If so then Cruse would like to hear from you. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who will be keen to establish new markets for Cruse to deliver training products and consultancy services in relation to bereavement care.
The individual will report to the Service and Development Training Manager and will be a member of an enthusiastic and motivated team.
Cruse will consider candidates from a range of backgrounds including those with experience in the third sector, public and commercial sectors and recent graduates. If you think this is a role in which you could add real value to support bereaved people then do please get in contact with us.
Please submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date 13th September.
Interview date tbc.
Up to 30 hours per week with flexible hours and working patterns available
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (it is usual to start at the bottom of the range but this is negotiable depending on experience) plus Outer London Allowance if applicable.
- Would you like to improve support for adults and children when someone dies?
- Can you write an exceptional bid to secure resources to ensure Cruse can be there when some dies?
- Do you want to use your skills and experience to add meaning and value to your working life and have a job that will offer a sense of satisfaction, variety and new challenges?
If so then Cruse may have the opportunity for you. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a strong track record of writing bids which have generated income. The individual will report to the Deputy Chief Executive and have contact with colleagues across departments.
Cruse will consider candidates from a range of backgrounds including those with experience in the third sector, public and commercial sectors. If you think this is a role in which you could add real value to support bereaved people then do please get in contact with us.
Please submit completed applications to email@example.com.