For volunteer opportunities see our volunteer vacancies page.
We also currently have vacancies on our board of trustees.
- PR and Media Manager
- Area Fundraiser (part time): Berkshire
- Cambridge Area Co-ordinator
- Bath and Wiltshire Area Administrator
- Somerset Area Co-ordinator
Cruse actively welcomes applications from all sections of society.
Location: Richmond upon Thames, Surrey
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £26,620 plus OLW of £1,768 if appropriate
An exciting opportunity has arisen to manage the PR and Media function for Cruse Bereavement Care. As a key player in a small dedicated staff team, your role will include developing and implementing the strategy for the UK’s largest bereavement care charity, delivering our key messages to target audiences and driving supporter engagement. Using both mainstream and social media, you will seek to maximise opportunities to promote Cruse and raise awareness of the needs of bereaved people. You will have a keen understanding of how to use the media to support campaigning and fundraising. This is an ideal job for someone with experience, looking for a role to develop their skills and make a real difference to bereaved people.
- Work with the Directorate and Communications Teams to develop and implement a PR and media strategy as part of the communications strategy (focussing on external communications)
- Work with the Chief Executive to support campaigning and lobbying on behalf of bereaved people
- Continue to build the profile of Cruse.
Completed application forms need to be returned to email@example.com by midday on Friday June 2nd 2017.
Interview date: 14th June 2017 in Richmond upon Thames.
Hours: 10-15 a week
Salary: £15,538- £23,580 pro rata
Cruse Bereavement Care is looking to recruit a part-time Area Fundraiser in Berkshire. Our mission is to offer support, advice and information to children, young people and adults when someone dies, and to enhance society’s care of bereaved people. Our amazing volunteers in Berkshire offer a high standard of face to face, telephone and group support and we have ambitious plans to ensure we help more people even quicker. This role will play a key part in our plans to increase awareness of our support, and ensure that we have a sustainable service in the area.
Key elements of the role will include:
- Leading on a fundraising strategy for the area.
- Leading on the preparation and submission of grants and other fundraising applications
- Researching and identifying potential funding opportunities that will generate income
- Developing partnerships with existing and new partners
The successful applicant must demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work within teams, as well as manage their own workload.
To apply for this post please submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A completed application form addressing the criteria set out in the Person Specification
- Equal opportunities form
- Details of two referees (including most recent employer)
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Closing Date for applications: 9am on 23rd June 2017
Cruse Bereavement Care, the leading national charity offering support to bereaved people, is recruiting an Area Co-ordinator for its Cambridge Area. The post holder will work with the Area Management Committee to develop, co-ordinate and play a leading role in the delivery of Cruse Bereavement Care services throughout the Area.
Hours: 20 hours per week Monday to Friday inclusive
Salary Scale: £11,208 - £13,609 for 20 hours
Location: Home working, although the position will require regular attendance at meetings in the Cruse Cambridge, Fenland and Uttlesford locality.
Main responsibilities include:
- Work as delegated by the Treasurer to control and monitor the finances of the area.
- Prepare and report on grant applications and funding bids, and work with the Area’s fundraising group in order to contribute to the development of the Area’s income generation strategy and fundraising plan.
- Network with statutory agencies, voluntary, community, and private sector organisations to develop partnerships and exchange information.
- Maintain the effective and efficient running of the virtual Area office including compliance with Cruse policy and procedures, accurate record keeping and respond appropriately to mail, email and telephone enquiries.
- Organise the foundation and ongoing volunteer training courses as approved by the Area Management Committee
The post holder will need to apply for DBS clearance.
Closing date for applications: Application form and equal opportunities form to be returned by email to email@example.com by Monday 22nd May 2017
Bath and Wiltshire Cruse Bereavement Care are recruiting for an Area Administrator based in their Bath office at Midsomer Norton.
Hours: 16 hours per week
Salary: £15358 (pro rata)
See job description for more information.
To apply, please submit the application form and equal opportunities form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Sandra Elmer, Bath & Wiltshire Cruse Bereavement Care, 2 Westfield Court, Third Avenue, Midsomer Norton, BA3 4XD.
Closing date for applications: 26th May 2017
Somerset Area is recruiting for an Area Co-ordinator based in the Street Office.
25 hours per week, starting salary £14,010 (full time equivalent £19,614).
Applications and equal opportunities form by email to Pat Manchip, The Chair - Somerset Area at email@example.com or by post to Cruse Bereavement Care, Crispin Community Centre, Leigh Road, Street, BA16 0HA. Deadline for applications is 5pm Wednesday 10th May.