Cruse was first established in Northern Ireland in 1984. Currently there are seven areas located throughout Northern Ireland in addition to a Charity Shop in Newtownards. There are over 400 volunteers and each year they conduct over 8,000 support sessions in Northern Ireland alone.
Cruse Bereavement Care exists to enable anyone bereaved by death to understand their grief, cope with their loss and to promote their well-being. Our Support Volunteers are trained to help you work through your feelings in a professional, safe and supportive environment.
- Free leaflets available to download, or from local offices or the Cruse Regional Office (028) 90792419
- Individual face-to-face bereavement support from a trained bereavement volunteer
- Support in a bereavement group
- Confidential day-to-day freephone helpline 0808 808 1677
- Advice, support and information for parents and carers supporting bereaved children and young people
- Face-to-face bereavement support for children aged 4-18
- For young people, a freephone helpline 0808 808 1677 and online access to information and support at www.hopeagain.org.uk
- We also provide Bespoke Training and Bereavement Care Workshops
- Please click here for contact details of your nearest branch to arrange face to face support.
Cruse services are provided free of charge and are dependent on the generosity of the local community and statutory support to deliver the service. Cruse services are based on volunteers in local communities supporting bereaved individuals in their communities.
Face to face bereavement support
Our branches/areas offer individual face-to-face bereavement support:
• Which will take place within a strict code of confidentiality
• To try to enable clients to regain some control over their lives
• Will be provided free of charge
• Will be delivered by trained volunteers