Taking your bereavement understanding to a new level
The Lois Tonkin and Cruse Bereavement Care Masterclass 2017 builds on our successful events of 2016, bringing this world-renowned speaker to deliver an exciting and interactive session to all those wanting to enhance their skills and practice supporting bereaved people.
Course details - ‘Growing Around Grief’: Implications for practice.
Description of and setting the ‘Growing around grief’ model in an historical and contemporary context theoretically, with particular attention to narrative, meaning-making, and ‘continuing bonds’ approaches, and how these intersect with the model.
How do the people we work with think about and go about grieving, including non-death losses?
- Disenfranchised grief, and self disenfranchisement.
- What are the ‘rules’ that shape the grieving people do in your setting?
What does the process of growing around grief entail?
- What helps when people are grieving?
- How can we support that process?
- How can we change expectations about what ‘successful’ grieving looks like?
- How can we work from a strengths perspective to encourage people to draw on the skills and qualities they already have, and to develop new ones?
- How can we support growth, while honouring the grieving?
Taking a narrative approach
- How can we develop conversations in which people are able to ‘re-story’ their losses?
Cost per course is £100 plus VAT - discounts available for previous Cruse training clients, contact email@example.com for further details.
Our courses are recognised by the National Counselling Society.