We are advertising for a Volunteer Training and Quality Administrator
- Full time role – 35 hours per week
- Support the recruitment and onboarding of staff and volunteers into Cruse’s national helpline
- Maintain Helpline Systems
- Providing administrative support to the Continuous Professional Development programme
- Provide administrative support to the Helpline Volunteer Training and Quality Manager as required
This is an exciting opportunity to join the National Helpline. The service is undergoing significant transformation to get ready to play its part in the delivery of our Bereaved People First Strategy. The successful candidate will be pivotal in supporting the training needs of our volunteers.
Cruse Bereavement Care is the largest bereavement charity in the UK. Our mission is to offer support, advice and information to children, young people and adults when someone dies and to enhance societies care of bereaved people.
The role is based in our central office in Richmond or home based.
The closing date for this role is midnight on 11th October 2021 with interviews to be arranged towards end of October 2021
Your application must consist of a CV and covering letter, which outlines your suitability for the role and should be no longer than two pages. Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered. Please send applications to Tracey Gibson Tracey.Gibson@cruse.org.uk
Cruse welcomes and encourages applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation.