We understand that the loss of a loved one is one of the most distressing experiences a person can have. You may have friends and family to turn to for support, or you may not. Either way, we are here to help.
If you have experienced the loss of someone and feel you would benefit from a confidential and supportive space to talk about what you're going through, please contact us. We are here to listen and hopefully help you to make sense of your grief.
The services currently on offer are:
- One-to-one support - either face-to-face or on the phone, up to 6 pre-arranged sessions with an allocated Bereavement Volunteer (sessions are usually held consecutively over 6 weeks). Sessions can either take place at the branch office in Waterloo/Southwark or at your GP's practice, (subject to availability).
- Group support - with other bereaved people and facilitated by our Bereavement Volunteers. Group support takes place in Waterloo, usually for 6 consecutive weeks, and allows bereaved people to share their experience with others who have also experienced loos and discuss emotions surrounding their grief in a supportive environment.
- National Helpline support – through our Central Office;
- National email support - through our Central Office;
- Facing the Future - a joint project Cruse/Samaritans - group support for those bereaved through suicide.
If you contact us to express your interest in accessing one-to-one or group bereavement support, you will be invited to an information session to find out more about what is available. This will help you understand more about what we offer and what might best suit you.
Our service is available to anyone who lives in the London borough of Lambeth (or whose GP practice is in the borough). We do not charge for our service, but welcome all donations, large or small.
Please click on the ‘contact us’ link on the left for our telephone number and email address. We may not be able to respond immediately to your calls, but please do leave a message and someone will be in contact within 48 hours.