Various roles in the North East and South
North East - Teesside, County Durham, Tyne and Wear and Northumberland
South - Buckinghamshire, Surrey, West Sussex, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire and the Isle of White
Time commitment: As much or a little time as you can give, it’s really flexible
We are looking for people to join our growing team of fun and fantastic volunteer fundraisers to help raise awareness and vital funds, so that we can reach even more bereaved people when they need us most.
We have four very exciting roles available, they are:
Collection Coordinator – distributing and managing collection tins, as well as organising public bucket collections
Events Coordinator – organising and hosting events that bring the whole community together
Local Corporate Project Volunteer – researching local businesses and exploring ways they can support Cruse
Volunteer Fundraising Team Member – helping out with fundraising events and activities throughout the year
Please click on the role title to see a full role description for each volunteering opportunity.
For further information or to discuss the roles please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Cruse Central Office (Richmond upon Thames)
Hours: 2.5-5 hours per week (Thursday or Friday)
We are looking for an administration volunteer to provide administrative support to the Central Office team based in Richmond upon Thames.
- Assisting with creating statistical reports using excel and our database.
- Scanning paperwork to aid our archiving procedures.
- Collating shop orders of leaflets for posting.
- Inputting information on the data base.
- Assisting the Operations team with Administrative tasks.
For further information or to discuss the role please contact David.OLeary@cruse.org.uk
Herefordshire Area fundraiser
The Cruse Herefordshire area is manned solely by volunteers, who have been trained to a professional level and deliver bereavement support locally.
We currently have a volunteer vacancy for a suitably experienced person to take on the role of Area Fundraiser with overall responsibility, in co-operation with Regional and Central Office, for developing and maintaining the fundraising activities of the area. This may include a combination of activities such as organising events; identifying and engaging with prospective local donors who might be individuals, businesses or groups and associations; and writing (or assisting in the writing of) funding applications to trusts and/or health services and Local Authorities.
To help develop and implement a fundraising strategy approved by the Area Committee, as part of the overall strategy for Cruse’s activity in the local Area.
The fundraising strategy should include:
- Bid application writing – to grant-making trusts, local industry, local government, health and Social service departments, and to local CCG's, in consultation with Cruse Head Office.
- Organising, promoting and co-ordinating fundraising events in the local area, or finding events already set up that fundraisers can take part in. This may include using social media to publicise events (such as Twitter and Facebook).
- The development of a group of people working to fundraise on behalf of the Area.
Willingness to undertake Cruse training is optional. We are looking for people who have carried out similar roles in the past, and who feel that they have the time to commit to this very important cause of ensuring bereaved people have somewhere to turn when someone dies.
Reasonable expenses will be paid.