Cruse Bereavement Care is teaming up with Acas and Eversheds for a series of half-day roundtable workshops Bereavement, grief and work: sympathy and support. The workshops will take place in London, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham and Birmingham.
Helping colleagues through a bereavement is part of the HR role – but every case is different. Work can be therapeutic or a final straw. Line managers want to be supportive but some are better at their people responsibilities than others. These workshops provide a chance to talk through how your organisation supports grieving staff and learn from the experience of others.
The aim of these workshops is to give HR professionals and managers a space to share their experience and approaches, with a bereavement specialist, against the backdrop of legal responsibilities and new Acas guidance.
Who should attend?
HR professionals with responsibility for policy developments and workforce planning as well as HR generalists. It will also be relevant to managers and supervisors, and organisation leaders and directors concerned about how their organisation responds to bereaved colleagues.
Benefits of attendance
- how to talk about bereavement and supporting those affected
- meeting the expectations of family and colleagues
- what your policy should cover – should you have one?
- legal issues relating to bereavement
- discretionary responses and consistency – managing your managers
- a chance to share your experiences with peers
- learn about the policies and approaches of other organisations
- ‘back to normal?’, timeframes and flexible work
- using the new Acas guidance.