Cruse Bereavement Care Prison Support Administrative Volunteer
We are looking for people to volunteer in Magilligan, Maghaberry and Hydebank Wood College, as part of the Cruse Prison Support team, which provides bereavement support to people within the prison environment.
Could this be you?
What is the role?
The purpose of the role is to provide administrative support to the project. You will be based in within the administration sections of the prisons and will assist our bereavement support volunteers with administrative tasks, including taking referrals and booking appointments, contributing to the efficiency and success of the Cruse Prison Support Project.
What tasks can this role include?
• Undergo induction into the role and complete training as identified by the project manager
• Manage referrals, book appointments and input data onto systems as required
• Raise awareness of the service
• Provide updates to Bereavement support volunteers and the project manager
• General administration, photocopying, emailing etc
This might be the role for you if you:
• Are passionate about working with bereavement and /or rehabilitation
• You are resilient and have good boundaries
• Are comfortable following policies and procedures
• Have an understanding of and a commitment to confidentiality and data protection
• Are reliable and responsible with good communication skills
• Are able to use your own initiative and able to ask for help when you need it
• Are computer literate and comfortable with the main Microsoft Office tools and emails.
What are the benefits to you?
• The opportunity to develop new and existing skills and enhance your CV
• This is a flexible role which can fit around your existing commitments
• Gain experience with a well-respected charity delivering sector-leading services
• The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the work of the Cruse Prison Support Service
What support and training will be provided?
• Induction to organisation
• Full training on all aspects of the role
• Regular and on-going support from a named member of staff
• On-going training as the role requires
• Out of pocket expenses are reimbursed up to 75 miles per volunteer return journey in accordance with Cruse Bereavement Care policy
• Regular updates on organisational activities
Access NI check at an enhanced level is required for this role, along with a NI Prison Service Security Check
If you are interested in this role with Cruse Bereavement Care’s Prison Support Project, or would like further information on any aspects of our work then please contact us at:
Cruse Bereavement Care
Phone: 028 9079 2419