Grief Awareness Training
This training will give delegates a better understanding of how a bereavement can impact an individual and the factors that influence how they grieve - helping to overcome the barriers to talking about death, loss and grief.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone who wants to broaden their understanding of loss and bereavement and gain skills to support those grieving in either their workplace or among friends and family.
- NCS quality checked course
- Course length: 2 ½ hours
- Delivery: online
- Course materials: PDF of slides available, certificate of attendance
- Courses are not recorded to protect attendee confidentiality
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
• Gain a broader understanding of the grieving process by looking at current models and examples.
• Understand why people grieve differently and the factors that influence how they grieve.
• Explore the impact of loss and grief on individuals, friends, families and colleagues.
• Improve knowledge of how to provide emotional and practical support to someone who is grieving.
• Understand how to communicate effectively and compassionately with someone who is grieving.
• Explore bereavement in context of faith and culture.
• Develop confidence in talking about difficult and sensitive topics.
• Be aware of the impact of supporting someone who is grieving and how to look after yourself.
Webinars are held in Zoom and will run for 2 ½ hours with a break in the middle. Courses have a maximum of 15 delegates, facilitated by a Cruse trainer experienced in bereavement support. They are interactive, allowing for questions and for delegates to discuss grief and loss in the context of their organisation or role.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT OUR TRAINING
“I feel much more confident talking about bereavement and have already utilised some of the training. A really useful course” Sarah – Libraries Unlimited