Tell us your story
Thank you for agreeing to share your personal story with us. Please see below for how we may share your story and what that means.
We’d love to be able to share your story to help other people like yourself. It will also help us to raise our profile, which in turn helps raise more money to keep funding our services.
If you agree to share your story then we promise we will always contact you before sharing your information publicly.
Ways in which we may share your story
We’ll always talk through this with you beforehand as we know circumstances can change.
- Social media (Cruse’s own as well as media outlets)
- Media (local, national or trade newspapers, magazine, online as well as print)
- Cruse Bereavement Support website
- Cruse Bereavement Support literature (e.g. leaflets, posters, presentations etc.)
We will be in touch as and when we receive requests from media or if we think your story would be suitable for our website or social media. This may be in a week’s time or in a year’s time, and we can’t guarantee when or if your story will be used. It all depends what we get asked for.
We’ve asked for quite a few details about you and the person who died because we sometimes get very specific requests from the media. We collect all this information to try and avoid contacting you with requests which turn out not to be suitable.
We want to make sure that you are happy to be involved. By signing this form we’re asking you let us know you understand the information on this page, and what we’re asking.
You may withdraw consent at any time until the point of publication or broadcast. Your relationship with Cruse will not be affected in any way by the decision you make.
If at any time you wish to update your personal information or would like us to delete it please get in touch.
- Editorial control: We don’t have final control over how a journalist may portray your story. We will always work with them and you so it’s positive, but final editorial control lies with them.
- Third parties: We will only use your information as listed above, but we can’t guarantee or be held liable for use of the information or images by a third party.
Thank you for your support.