The Loss and Bereavement Working with Grief - A Toolkit workshop is for counsellors, therapists, and others working with bereaved people, who want to deepen their understanding of grief and improve their existing skills further.
The training is experiential, activity based and provides ample opportunity for discussion.
- Build your knowledge of grief and the various factors and issues involved
- Learn how to recognise, assess and work with complicated grief
- Learn further skills and techniques that help when working with the bereaved
- Learn about working with suicide risk and supporting clients bereaved by suicide
- Gain deeper insight into structuring an ongoing supportive relationship with a bereaved person
Cost: £140 for charities, £155 for public sector organisations, and £170 for private individuals/organisations, all plus VAT
Please note: This workshop has been designed as a follow up to our "Loss and Bereavement Awareness" training day. It is recommended that people attend "Loss and Bereavement Awareness" first to gain understanding of the subject area; however, participants working as a counsellor or therapist would be able to attend the advanced workshop without attending our foundation course provided that they:
- Have a basic grasp of some bereavement theory and what grief is.
- Familarity with using person centred counselling materials.
- Be able to use basic counselling skills.
If you have any questions about the suitability of this workshop please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll call you to discuss further.
For further information please email or call 0208 939 9542.
Included in the price: light refreshments, certification (can contribute to continuing professional development) full electronic notes and workbook.