Based on many years’ experience delivering our Loss and Bereavement Awareness workshop to a range of education and charity organisations across the UK, this workshop has been designed for people working with children and young people and their family/carers. This one-day training is an interactive, immersive day which has been designed to build confidence by increasing knowledge of how bereaved young people and their families may be feeling and improving interactions and support at these times.
After the workshop participants will:
- Understand more about the grieving process for young people.
- Be aware of the impact of loss and bereavement on families.
- Have considered the ways they can assist and support individuals following bereavement.
- Considered listening skills relevant to conversations with bereaved young people, including managing anger and distress.
- Developed awareness of support organisations, and how and when to refer individuals for further support, including an understanding of the boundaries of their role.
Our workshops are designed to be delivered in-house for up to 20 participants and preferential pricing is available for charities and Not-for-Profit organisations. We have a team of dynamic trainers who have many years of experience to draw on.
The day can be tailored on request to need the specific needs of an organisation and previous training or prior knowledge of the participants.
If you would like to learn more about the training that Cruse can offer or would like to organise a workshop for your organisation please contact the Training Team on 0208 939 9542 or email Training@Cruse.org.uk