In the last year, 24% of the working population in Britain has experienced a bereavement, which equates to around 7.9 million people.*
Bereavement in the workplace can be challenging – employees may need to take time off unexpectedly, find their performance is impacted or be temporarily unable to perform certain roles. Especially now as employees are returning back into the workplace after the pandemic.
Cruse Bereavement Care has developed a webinar, which will help you and your colleagues gain a greater awareness of the impact bereavement and grief has within the workplace. This knowledge can then inform how you respond and support bereaved employees, providing you with tools to support them and minimise the potential negative impact bereavement and grief can have on your employees and your business.
What you gain from the Webinar:
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Reflect on the grieving process and gain an understanding of current models that help understand grief and bereavement
- Consider, through their own understanding of the impact of loss, the ways we may assist individuals following bereavement
- Consider skills and policies that may be relevant to supporting staff within their organisation who have been bereaved – whether that is a recent loss or a historic bereavement.
- Develop an awareness of support organisations, and how and when to refer individuals for further support, including an understanding of the boundaries of our roles
For more information please click here.
Booking and Webinar Training Options:
Cruse has 2 options to access this training.
- Public Webinars - This is the perfect webinar for any individual or small organisation. They are open to different organisations, so we can have participants attending from a broad range of backgrounds, resulting in engaging interactive conversations and discussions. Public webinar places cost £75 pp (£62.50 +VAT).
- Inhouse Webinars - Designed for single organisation attendance, our trainers will contact you prior to the training to find out what your specific needs are, and will tailor the training accordingly. Perfect for organisations who want to train 10 or more people at the same time. Each webinar session costs £600 + VAT.
Both Webinars run for up to 2½ hours with a short break, and participants are capped at 10 to encourage interaction and discussion.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about Inhouse webinars including availability and booking forms.
I enjoyed learning about the models and how they can be used to support people experiencing bereavement/loss. Supporting materials very good.
Webinar Participant, BBC