Based on many years’ experience delivering our Loss and Bereavement Awareness workshop to a range of healthcare and palliative care organisations across the UK, this workshop has been designed for staff working with patients and their family members both before and following bereavement. Its purpose is to build confidence in these interactions, increasing knowledge of how people may react to an impending death and how best to support families and loved ones at this sad and emotional time.
After the workshop participants will:
- Have greater understanding of the grieving process
- Become aware of the impact of loss and bereavement on families
- Considered the ways they may be able to assist individuals before and after bereavement
- Explored skills relevant to their role and organisation
- Developed awareness of support organisations, and how and when to refer individuals for further support, including an understanding of the boundaries of their roles
Our workshops are designed to be delivered in-house for up to 20 participants and preferential pricing is available for charities and Not-for-Profit organisations. We have a team of dynamic trainers who have many years of experience to draw on.
The day can be tailored on request to need the specific needs of an organisation and previous training or prior knowledge of the participants.
If you would like to learn more about the training that Cruse can offer or would like to organise a workshop for your organisation please contact the Training Team on 0208 939 9542 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.