We need volunteers!
We are looking to widen the services we offer, reduce our waiting lists and to undertake strategic and business planning. We have the following volunteer roles where applicants will not be required to undertake any direct client work.
MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON WANTED
In order to support more people in the Thames Valley Berkshire area and make sure our services provide the best care possible, Cruse Bereavement Care is looking to recruit an Area Chairperson. This will provide the perfect platform for you to get involved and use your wide range of skills.
This role requires leadership, direction and strategic thinking.
The Area Chairperson is responsible for ensuring that the Area is efficiently and effectively managed in order to maintain the standards of service required by Cruse Bereavement Care.
1. To chair meetings of the Area Committee, to ensure that all members have the opportunity to participate, and that decisions are correctly proposed and seconded and recorded accurately.
2. To ensure that any action required is allocated to a Committee member and that the task is subsequently carried out.
3. To ensure that all Committee members and Area volunteers/staff are aware of the standards required by Cruse Bereavement Care, and ensure that these standards are maintained.
4. To ensure that the Area abides by the Cruse Bereavement Care Constitution and Articles of Association.
5. To support the Area to maintain an effective communication network within the Area, with the Operation Team’s Lead Manager, and with appropriate external agencies.
6. To supervise any paid Cruse staff within the Area, as their line manager.
7. To ensure all volunteers are informed about Area, Regional and Central Office matters.
8. To represent the Area at activities and function
Please email us or phone 01344 460087 if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
Anyone can apply to be a Bereavement Volunteer for Cruse. You do not need any previous experience but you do need to care about bereaved people and have time to offer. The training consists of 3 days Foundation course and a 2 or 3 day elective module and all the days must be attended. If training is not available in Thames Valley Berkshire at a particular time training may be provided by a nearby Cruse Area.
See more details under Training
If you are interested in volunteering as a Bereavement Volunteer - please see email us or phone 01344 460087 if you are interested in any of these roles.