Welcome to Cruse Bereavement Care in West Sussex. Through our three branches we aim to:
- Provide free bereavement support on a one-to-one basis to anyone (including children) bereaved by death in West Sussex.
- Offer information and advice to anyone who has been affected by a death; provide friendship groups giving an opportunity for bereaved people to meet and join social activities (Worthing & Mid Sussex Branches).
- Offer opportunities to bereaved adults to meet others in a group setting available in the Worthing & Adur District.
- More information about our Friendship Group in East Grinstead can be found here and more information about the Worthing & District Support 'Drop In' Groups and Friendship Group can be found here
- Raise the public's awareness of the needs of bereaved people through information services.
- Our Crawley, Horsham and Mid Sussex branch hold 'Information Evenings' once a month alternating between Haywards Heath, East Grinstead, Crawley and Horsham. These sessions are not support groups as they are solely used to provide information on the natural stages of grief along with providing more detail on our service options available. If you are interested in attending one of these sessions, please contact our 24 hour answer phone service and select option 3.
Contact us for more information, or find out more by choosing from the menu on the left.
Area Chair – West Sussex Cruse Bereavement Care
Cruse Bereavement Care is the leading national charity for bereaved people in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We offer support, advice and information to children, young people and adults when someone dies and work to enhance society’s care of bereaved people.
Cruse West Sussex offers face-to-face, telephone, group and website support. Our services are provided locally by our network of 100 trained volunteers and are confidential and free at the point of delivery. Cruse also provides training and consultancy for external organisations and for those who may encounter bereaved people in the course of their work.
We are looking for an Area Chair to lead Cruse West Sussex. Our administration support is based in Pulborough but the role will take you across the whole of West Sussex.
This is a unique role, with the opportunity and privilege to become involved in the delivery of an essential service which impacts upon people’s lives. An experienced leader, an effective influencer with excellent relationship building skills, you will foster partnerships across West Sussex, between our volunteers, supporters, other charities, and business.
If you are looking for a challenge and the opportunity to use your skills in the voluntary sector we would like to hear from you.
Full job description and details about Cruse West Sussex are available from:
Cruse Bereavement Care,
Lodge Hill Centre,
email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know that you can support Cruse Bereavement Care WSA by shopping online?
Every time you shop online via easyfundraising at one of the 3,300 retailers including John Lewis, Aviva, Sainsbury’s and Booking.com, a donation will be made to Cruse Bereavement Care West Sussex Area, and it won’t cost you a penny extra.
It’s really simple to get started;
Sign up for free
Get shopping – your donations will be collected by easyfundraising and automatically sent to Cruse Bereavement Care West Sussex Area. It couldn’t be easier!
There are no catches or hidden charges and Cruse Bereavement Care West Sussex Area will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.