Cruse Bereavement Care was founded in 1959 and is a national charity providing free advice, information and support to adults, young people and children who are struggling to cope with grief arising from bereavement, when or however the death occurred.
Opportunities within Cruse Devon
We are currently looking for an Honorary Treasurer. This could be someone who has retired or semi-retired from an accounting background who would be interested in looking after the Devon Area accounts or who would be able to oversee and support Admin staff in ensuring the accounts are kept to a professional standard. If you are intersted and would like further information, please email Laraine at email@example.com
Volunteering with Cruse Devon
We are always looking for Fundraising Volunteers. If you would like to organise a fundraising event, or help at an event others' have organised, please do email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Devon Area Cruse
We have been operating in the area for over 40 years and we cover the whole of Devon including Plymouth and Torbay. If you do not live in this county, please search for your local Cruse Area Office.
Devon Area Cruse services include:
- Face-to-face support sessions, either in your own home or at one of our counselling rooms in Exeter, Barnstaple, South Devon or Plymouth (days and times vary).
- Telephone support sessions
- Online support
- Information about the many aspects of bereavement as well as practical help and advice and signposting to a wide range of other support options.
- Special support for children and young people, either at home, school or a designated meeting room.
- Friendship Groups – we have two Friendship groups, one in Exeter and one in Bideford.
Devon Area Cruse is supported by over 75 trained volunteers each giving their time to support people bereaved by death.
Our goal is to provide somewhere to turn when somebody dies. Please contact us if we can help in any way.