Welcome to Cruse Bereavement Care in West Sussex. Through our three branches we aim to:
- Provide free bereavement support on a one-to-one basis to anyone (including children) bereaved by death in West Sussex.
- Offer information and advice to anyone who has been affected by a death; provide friendship groups giving an opportunity for bereaved people to meet and join social activities (Worthing & Mid Sussex Branches).
- Offer opportunities to bereaved adults to meet others in a group setting available in the Worthing & Adur District.
- More information about our Friendship Group in East Grinstead can be found here and more information about the Worthing & District Support 'Drop In' Groups and Friendship Group can be found here. Please note these groups will be cancelled until further notice, in line with COVID-19 guidelines provided by Public Health England.
- Raise the public's awareness of the needs of bereaved people through information services.
- Our Crawley, Horsham and Mid Sussex branch hold 'Understanding Your Bereavement' sessions once a month alternating between Haywards Heath, East Grinstead, Crawley and Horsham along with our Chichester & Arun branch. These sessions are not support groups as they are solely used to provide information on the natural stages of grief along with providing more detail on our service options available. If you are interested in attending one of these sessions, please contact our 24 hour answer phone service and select relevant branch option. Please note these sessions will be cancelled until further notice, in line with COVID-19 guidelines provided by Public Health England.
- Cruse offers a triage service to adults and children in Sussex, who have been bereaved by suicide or possible suicide - please call us on 07376 616628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within two working days. Further details.
Contact us for more information, or find out more by choosing from the menu on the right.
Home made cakes for sale at Fittleworth House to raise funds for Cruse
Fittleworth House, Pulborough, opens its’ gardens each year as part of the National Garden Scheme.
This year, our Worthing & District branch will be providing homemade cakes for sale as a fun way of raising much needed funds!
From July, Covid restrictions allowing.
Supporting Cruse in West Sussex
If you would like more information on how to support us, please take a look at our donate page.