Welcome to Coventry and Warwickshire Area Cruse. Thank you for your interest in our work as a charity. We are here to offer help and support for those who have lost a loved one, whether you have been bereaved recently or a long time ago.
Most people experience grief at some stage in their lives. This can take many forms and is as individual as you, but generally people tell us that it can be devastating and painful. Learning to cope alone and trying to face up to finding a new sense of purpose in life is challenging.
You may experience feelings of numbness, isolation, loneliness, anger and depression. This can result in physical and emotional pain. Grieving is the natural process which helps us come to terms with the loss and letting go of the sadness.
Cruse Bereavement Care exisits to promote the well-being of bereaved people and to enable anyone suffering bereavement to understand their grief and cope with their loss and, in time, move on with life.
Our agreed aims are to:
- Provide an accessible and inclusive service that strives to reflect the diversity of local communities
- Provide consistently high levels of service by using resources efficiently and in the most effective manner to imporve outcomes for clients.
- Continue to maintain professional standards by providing training, development opportunities and support to our Bereavement Volunteers.
- Promote the full range of Cruse services in the area working together with other community basted organisations.
- Secure funding streams which are sustainable and improve our ability to plan to meet future service needs.