Joining together to run, walk, cycle or swim the entire UK coastline
Throughout October people all over the country will be taking on a combined 18,358 km to support bereaved people. Get involved, fundraise and show grieving people how much you care! #yourdistanceyourway
It’s easy to take part:
- Register with us
- Set your distance to cover throughout October
- Decide how you will complete it - whether that’s run, walk, cycle, swim or even roller skate
- Tell your friends and family about it and ask them to sponsor you
It costs just £5 to register for The Big Coastal Challenge. We’ll email you everything you need to get started and as a big thank you from us for taking part we’ll send you a free t-shirt.
Here’s some inspiration to help get you going
- Enjoy swimming? Why not swim ‘around’ St. Mary’s, a little island off the coast of Cornwall – 14 km, that’s 19 laps of a 25 m pool a day throughout October
- Walk a kilometre a day (with weekends off) and you’ll achieve Ballycastle to the Giant’s Causeway - 20.5 km
- Looking for a challenge? Try running 5 km every day - that totals 155 km which is the distance from Brighton to Dover
- Take on the mammoth task of cycling from Penzance to Bristol – 371 km
- For little legs try 15 km – the distance between Thorpe Park and LEGOLAND
The UK coastline stretches an incredible 18,358 km. As we cover the distance together, we can ‘virtually’ wrap our arms around the UK.
Why should I take part?
By fundraising for Cruse Bereavement Care, you are helping us to be there for bereaved people when they need us most.
Grief is a natural process, but it can be devastating. As a result of Coronavirus more people than ever are reaching out to us for support.
The money you raise could help us to continue to recruit and train volunteers, meaning we get closer to being able to be there for everyone who needs us.
How do I get involved?
To register click here. Then it’s ready, set, go on the 1st October!
Want to know more?
Our friendly fundraising team are always happy to help. If you have any questions please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.