Islington & Camden: Bereavement Awareness Training
Bereavement Awareness Training 2023
Following the success and positive feedback of past training, London Boroughs of Camden and Islington are delighted to offer further funded Bereavement Awareness training in the form of webinars, being delivered by Cruse Bereavement Support, the leading national charity providing bereavement support services in England.
The aim of the webinar is to give you the confidence to talk to people who are bereaved in a simple, empathic way, to be able to find the right words, and to provide simple signposting where needed.
The webinar will run for 75 minutes via Zoom. Groups will be large, but there will be some time to address questions at the end of the session. Participants will also receive information and resources following the session including signposting to local services.
Who can attend:
These sessions are aimed at front-line workers or volunteers and anyone else who may come into contact with a bereaved individual. The participants can either be living, working, or volunteering in Camden or Islington, within the statutory, voluntary and community sectors.
If you have yourself had a recent loss of a loved one, or someone close, please consider carefully – this may not be the right time for you to attend.
These webinars are informative sessions that will help you to:
- Gain an overview of the grieving process by looking at current models and examples.
- Understand why people grieve differently and the factors that influence how they grieve.
- Explore the impact of loss and grief on individuals, friends, families and colleagues.
- Improve knowledge of how to provide simple emotional and practical support to someone who is grieving.
- Understand how to communicate effectively and compassionately with someone who is grieving.
- Build awareness of organisations that can provide emotional or practical support.
- Develop confidence in talking about a difficult and sensitive topic.
- Be aware of the impact of supporting someone who is grieving and how to look after yourself.
Timetable of Webinars:
Below is the timetable for the webinars running through 2023. Please click on the link next to the date that is convenient for you and register. If this does not work, you can copy and paste the link into your web browser. Once registered you will receive joining instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: The sessions are funded by London Borough of Camden and Islington, if you can no longer attend, please let us know so we can offer the place to someone else.