Bereaved by Suicide Training
This webinar aims to introduce attendees to the impact of bereavement by suicide and how those affected can best be supported.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone who wants to broaden their understanding of loss and bereavement by suicide and gain skills to support those grieving in either their workplace or among friends and family.
- Course length: 2 ½ hours
- Delivery: online
- Course materials: PDF of slides available, certificate of attendance
- Courses are not recorded to protect attendee confidentiality
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
• An understanding of why bereavement by suicide may differ from other types of bereavement
• Examined the impact of suicide on those bereaved, including psychologically, emotionally, physically and behaviourally
• Become familiar with some of the legal aspects of suicide and the inquest process
• Begun to explore some of the ways in which those bereaved by suicide can be supported
• Explored some of the societal and cultural attitudes and responses to suicide
Webinars are held in Zoom and will run for 2 ½ hours with a break in the middle. Courses have a maximum of 15 delegates, facilitated by a Cruse trainer experienced in bereavement support. They are interactive, allowing for questions and for delegates to discuss grief and loss in the context of their organisation or role.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT OUR TRAINING
“it is always helpful to have the notes to refer back to – thank you! Just talking through models and behaviors to understand how different people develop through grief and what is right for one may not be for someone else – a very personal journey” Emma, Blue Cross