Help for those who don’t speak English
Some of our most requested information is available as pdfs for you to download in the following languages.
Accessing our helpline
If you need more help, and don’t speak English, we can arrange for support on our helpline through a service called LanguageLine.
How it works
- Call 0808 808 1677.
- You will hear a recorded message in English. Please hold to speak to someone. There is a lot of demand for our service so you might have to try again at a less busy time if no one is able to answer.
- When a helpline volunteer answers clearly tell them the name of the language you speak in English.
- The volunteer will then call up our translation service – you will hear them talking to someone else to set the call up, please stay on the line. This could take a few minutes
- An interpreter will then join the call and translate between your language and English for you and for the helpline volunteer.
- Because this is a three-way conversation it will take a little longer than a usual helpline call so please be patient.